Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Random things

I always wondered what little boys did before the invention of guns. Now we know. Edward takes all sorts of things--but mostly paper--and folds or turns them into sharp pointed objects which he then throws. He says he is "slinging arrows."

This morning Andrew said, "I have to think." A few seconds later, he said, "OK. I'm all done. The breaker went off in my head."

Last week was our bump and bruises week. Andrew insisted on sledding down a snowboarding bump at the park and went flat on his face. Thankfully he is OK except for a some scrapes on his face. The day before, Edward was jumping on our couch and fell and hit one of his top teeth. The gum was bleeding all around the tooth, so I started to get hysterical (remember--Andrew knocked out all his top front teeth a week or so after Edward was born). Our dentist, who lives up the street, was kind enough to stop by later that day and look at Edward's mouth. It appears that he just bruised the gum and didn't damage the teeth. That was another blessing.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the time Sarah was running with a chopstick in her mouth. She tripped, fell, and started bleeding from her nose.

    His Grace was more freaked out than I was at the thought that our eldest had driven a chopstick through her palate.

    The nice, young doctor in the ER assured us that there was no major puncture wound, but some nasty bruising.

    We don't let daughters run around with chopsticks in their mouths any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you don't let your kids do that! We try, but don't have much success some days.

    ReplyDelete