Thursday, December 18, 2008

More snow and a sled

I got up this morning, and since it wasn't supposed to snow until the afternoon, got everyone in the car to go run errands. It was snowing, however, and then the car started to slide on the ice when we reached the bottom of our street. I persisted and ran an errand or two, but then, as we kept sliding on ice at every stop sign or stop light--along with all the other cars--decided to go home. We said lots of prayers and were thankful we didn't get in an accident. I stopped by the BYU Creamery to get milk and the manager was putting out the last pile of cheap plastic sleds, so I got a sled for the boys. They were thrilled. This is our first sled. After Lucy went down for a nap, we went outside. I shoveled snow and covered the steps from our back patio area to the backyard to make a ramp for the sled. Then I taught Andrew and Edward how to slide down; they didn't like the idea of dragging the sled back up afterward, though. They played outside for a very long time and I shoveled the 4-5 inches of snow off the driveway and sidewalk. Since we live on a corner, we have an extremely long sidewalk. It takes 45 minutes to an hour to clean off everything if you only have a few inches of snow.

I was trying to think of something funny or nice the boys said or did these past few days, but I can't remember much, and the few things I can remember shouldn't be repeated. Oh, here's one story. The other day Edward was looking at a cup and noticed it was chipped. He asked if it was broken, but I told him it was still OK. Then he said, "But I know what will happen when it gets broken." "What?" I asked, thinking that we will get another one or that we will throw the broken cup away. Edward then said, "You will get cross." "Oh, do I get cross when things get broken?" "Yes," he said.

Lucy is following her brothers' lead. She avoids the fun toys on the ground nearby and goes straight for the power cords, plugs, and outlets. 

2 comments:

  1. The kids talk longingly of living somewhere where it snows a lot. I try to convince them that snow isn't all fun and games. Maybe it is for kids! :) It sounds like yours had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they sound like christian! after skiing down our street he decided it wasn't worth it to walk back up our hill!

    ReplyDelete