Sunday, December 14, 2008

Prayer for snow

Saturday it was supposed to snow here, so Kirk and I were talking about the weather at breakfast. Andrew must have been listening because he wanted to say a prayer, which he did. He asked for Heavenly Father to send snow and to "make the snow stick" to the ground so they could play in it. As Kirk was leaving for work, he started to get worried that we hadn't finished clearing off the last of the leaves from the lawn, and now we would have snow on top of them. Andrew then decided to say another prayer and ask that it not snow. I suggested that we pray that our lawn would be OK or that we would be able to clean up the leaves since we really do need the snow here in Utah. Andrew modified his prayer somewhat and Kirk left for work. A few minutes later I looked outside and realized that it still hadn't started snowing, so I thought I had better go answer a little boy's prayer. I pulled on some clothes, went out, and cleaned up the yard for an hour and a half. Andrew came out and helped after he got dressed. We got the leaves cleaned up and came back inside. About an hour later it started to snow. We got several inches of snow, with more on the way over the next few days. Andrew said a prayer of thanks--both for the snow and for the clean yard. I thought two things: (1) sometimes the faith of children is amazing, and (2) sometimes you have to work hard to answer someone's prayer if you are given the chance to do so.

2 comments:

  1. i will gladly give you our snow!!! it dumped so much here. tell andrew he can have all the snow he wants if he comes to seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent almost two hours shoveling snow again today, though part of it was to build a very large ramp for the boys to use with their new sled.

    ReplyDelete