Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trip to El Salvador

Kirk went to El Salvador this past week for a conference. He had a nice time, though he always misses us when he is away--or wishes I were there with him traveling. He got to see an Anthropology Museum, where they had displays of different artifacts.
This is one of the neat toys he saw in the museum. The boys loved this dog on wheels.
They also had displays about all the various products from El Salvador. This display shows the cacao beans and the various chocolate bars they produced. He brought back some chocolate and it was pretty good--not European chocolate, but better than most of the chocolate candy you get in Latin America.
He visited the main cathedral in San Salvador.
And he also went to the chapel where Archbishop Oscar Romero was assassinated in 1980 while he was celebrating mass.
At home
While Kirk was gone, I took care of sick children and cleaned the house. I also made a dress for Lucy.
The bodice is covered in pintucks.
It took me a very long time to do all the pintucks and then I cut out the bodice and sewed the dress.
We are very glad Kirk is back safely.

5 comments:

  1. I agree--what a cute dog with wheels. :)

    We're glad you all seem to be getting over your illnesses. We hope you are all feeling better.

    Beautiful job on Lucy's dress! A lovely dress for a lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks really nice. I think she looks a lot like you in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing sewing job, I guess it is good I have all boys (so far), I would be too afraid to attempt that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great trip! Glad that he missed the bad weather.

    Lucy's dress is absolutely lovely. Good job! What a cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are glad Kirk is back safe! Lucy's dress is fabulous. I love her big eyes and long eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete