According to the doctor, we probably do not have H1N1, though all the symptoms are similar. It is a "para-influenza," which I interpret as "some virus that is like a flu, but the doctor hasn't run a specific test so we don't know which one." Andrew's fever seems to be going down now on Day 5. Edward's fever was near 105 in the night, but today he seems to be doing a bit better (he's on Day 4). Lucy is pretty happy for being a sick girl (Day 3). She threw up all over herself and me this morning, but we managed to keep it all on ourselves and not on the chair. We clean much more easily than an upholstered chair. I started feeling better after the blessing on Monday. So far, Kirk hasn't shown any symptoms of any illness.
I am happy that no one had a croup attack during the night. I was running three humidifiers, one in each room, in an attempt to ward off croup. The one good thing about the trip to the doctor's office was that they, unexpectedly, had some flu vaccines. Andrew got both the seasonal and H1N1, while Edward and Lucy got the H1N1. We will keep checking back at the doctor's office to see when they have more seasonal flu shots.
I'm so sorry you are all sick! Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteThat's too bad! I hope you are all feeling better so you can have a happy day today.
ReplyDeleteAll the best!