I finished the dress last week and the panties last night. Here are some close-up photos.
The front yoke and collar.
The back yoke with buttons (and buttonholes!).
Detail of the hem with rows of pintucks.The dress will look much better once it is on Lucy, of course. I tried using the different feet and techniques and stitches in an effort to help me remember what I learned during the Bernina sewing class. So, for example, I used a #10 foot to sew on ribbons and make straight seams; I overcast the hems with #2 foot; I sewed pintucks (#30 foot with a double needle); I did buttonholes (lots of practice ones before I actually did one on the dress); I used stitches #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #10; I took a very long time and only worked about 1 hour a week on the project.
The reason I'm so pleased with something that for many would seem quite simple, is that I've never sewn very much before.
Yeah Eliza, way to go. I love it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! You did a very good job! I think I talk myself out of too many of those kind of projects. I wish I had a resource like your class.
ReplyDeleteEliza- the dress is a work of art. I seriously think you should hang it on the wall after Lucy is done wearing it! Of course she is going to look so cute in it, she may need to wear it everyday for the next month or so.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful dress! That must have been tons of work.I am thinking I ought to get a sewing machine that does more than sew in a straight line or zigzag. And take a class, too.
ReplyDeleteWow, it is so beautiful! I am impressed! I wish I could see her in it in person and give her a squeeze.
ReplyDeleteIt turned out beautiful! Make sure to post Easter pictures:)
ReplyDelete