Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter celebrations

This Easter we celebrated having healthy children. We didn't do as much as we have done in past years, though I think it turned out just fine. I'm not up to dying hard boiled eggs with the children, and Kirk doesn't like eating them anyway. The prospect of cleaning up dye from all over everything isn't my idea of a fun Easter. We had our traditional Easter basket--I put treats and a few gifts in a basket for the family. I do not put any Easter grass in for obvious reasons. At some point the children may figure out that most children get their own Easter baskets. Until then, we will stick with the one basket. The boys got new ties, Lucy got her new dress, and Kirk got a new bread knife.

Starting the week before, we read parts of the Easter story each night with the children. We had a small Easter egg hunt on Sunday afternoon. I put one or two M&Ms in each plastic egg and then Kirk hid them all over the yard. The children had fun finding them.
Edward was very careful to give Lucy all the pink eggs he found.
Lucy had fun holding eggs.

Andrew found the one egg that was placed higher than his head (all the others were on the ground or close to it).
The children enjoyed eating the M&Ms out of their eggs. Edward fed as many M&Ms to Lucy as he could until I caught him and told him to stop. Lucy really liked the candy. Isn't she cute in her new dress?

One of our frittilaria is getting closer to blooming. I'll post a picture when it does, assuming it doesn't get frozen this week with all the forecasted snow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Lucy is feeling better. I'm not sure I would be ready to attempt dying eggs with 3 children either--we timed our dying with Lily's nap, to contain the mess. Finding eggs is great fun for any age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see your cute photos and hear about your traditions. I'm glad everyone was feeling better. That was sweet of Edward to share. :)

    Caroline kept saying "egg" all the time this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete