Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Two good things

1. Yesterday was the first time since August that I hadn't done at least one extra load of boys' laundry during the week. Usually I do all the clothes laundry on Monday and the towels/bedding on Friday. But with potty training and everything, I usually did a few extra loads of boys' clothes during the week. Of course, by the end of the week Edward was reduced to wearing his Halloween costume for pajamas and Andrew had to wear shorts when it was only 30 degrees outside, but we made it!

2. I read all 377 pages of Kirk's book manuscript today. (I skipped reading the Appendices and the Bibliography--I already edited those a few months ago.)  After correcting a few typos and things, he should be able to send it back to the editor for another review. Nothing else got done around the house, though, and the boys got to watch cartoons for three hours. At least they only watch DVDs about once a month. I guess this was their chance for the month. I felt better about the TV watching because I had them play outside and exercise for at least an hour beforehand, and they also read a book filled with photographs from the Hubble telescope.

3 comments:

  1. Those are good things! ...and that's a lot of reading! I'm sure you're both excited to get the book to this stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do your boys only watch DVDs once a month? I am amazed! How do you feed Lucy? Or take a shower? Really, how do you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate book galleys. If they're not the worst thing I hate about the process, they're a close second.

    It almost takes me longer to go through a galley than to write the sucker in the first place.

    ReplyDelete