Monday, February 9, 2009

10 years

Today marks the 10th anniversary of when Kirk and I were first introduced to each other via email. I started putting all the email we wrote to each other in a readable format, but haven't printed it out. I've only done the first month and a half of messages and have more than 100 pages. The messages include gems such as the following:

March 3
>Have you read any of Daniel Pinkwater's books? Lizard Music? The Snarkout Boys and the Avocado of Death? ...

>>Eliza, you're really, really, really scaring me. Daniel Pinkwater was one of my favorite authors when I was a teenager. Absolute favorite. Just to prove I'm not lying: Fat Men from Outer Space.

And another March 3 letter
>Freddy the Pig books (there is _no way_ you read Freddy the Pig)

>>You lost that bet. :-) ... I was actually just talking about Freddy the Pig books with my sister ... last week and she said she never could stand them.

Despite everything, or maybe because of it, we managed to get married two years later and celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary last month.

2 comments: