Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Spice saga update

It took me more than a week to clean all my spice jars. Then, with the help of my lovely sister Mindy, I created new labels. I'm in the process of finding new sources for spices, and should have an order come in the next week or so. Thanks for the suggestions!
Here's how the spice rack now looks. It is missing a few jars since I was cleaning out old spices and empty jars. I'm sure it will be filled again soon.

The labels are an Avery 2.5" circle in Kraft brown, and Mindy created some templates for me when I discovered the Avery print and template products didn't work. It is sort of fun to have a "new" thing in the kitchen. So far, it looks great. I will see if the print will smudge or not.

If anyone is in need of spice labels, we now have three slightly different designs for a 2.5" circle label. These labels also cover the tops of the small canning jar lids (the regular size, not wide-mouth). I guess they would also fit on the wide-mouth lids, they just won't cover the complete lid.

1 comment: