Spring was beautiful. We had one of the very first daffodils in the neighborhood.
We decorated the house for Easter with our eggs from Austria. We couldn't find any pussywillows since Easter was so late, but we used forsythia. The forsythia didn't last until Easter, so the eggs ended up in a crystal bowl and hanging from a branch over the dinning room table.
Another spring event was the lunar eclipse. We got up at 1:45am and also got Andrew and Edward up for a few minutes to look at it. The red blob is a photo of the moon during the eclipse.
Lucy turned 6 and had another princess doll cake.She made a kite and said that it will fly to "my Grandma."
Andrew didn't want a specific-theme cake for his birthday. He just wanted something with lots of layers. So he got a four-layer German's Chocolate cake.
We made chocolates for the Easter baskets instead of buying lots of candy. They got a Peep and a Lindt chocolate bunny and some homemade chocolates.I tracked down a lamb cake pan and made two lamb cakes. Actually, I made three, but one didn't turn out, so we had to eat it a few days before Easter.
I also made lots of nice deviled eggs, which people in our family don't like. They look nice and tasted good, but there were lots of leftovers.
Henry is getting bigger and doing well in speech therapy. We are working on phrases now, like "is jumping" or "does work." So the other day, I was helping him say things, "Daddy does work," "Lucy does play," and so on. Then I said, "Andrew does ...?" and Henry said, "time out. Andrew does time out."


My mouth is watering over your wonderful chocolates for Easter. Lucy's cake is beautiful and Andrew's is huge! How many layers are in there? I love your Easter tree and the eggs you brought back. Glad things are going well!
ReplyDelete