A week or so ago, I happened to pick up the BYU Kennedy Center's alumni magazine and was glancing through it. I read a very flattering article about a woman who is a foreign service officer. She also has a husband who can follow her around the world to her different postings. And she has two girls. When she was asked the obligatory "how do you balance job, husband, and kids" question, she said, "I outsource the laundry. I outsource the cleaning." She also talked a bit more about changes in work culture and so on. Since I happened to be cleaning the bathrooms at the time, I thought, "I could handle outsourcing my cleaning and my laundry."
On further reflection, I realized what she had left out of her answer. She also outsources the care of her children.
***
So Friday evening, after dealing with grouchy children for several hours, I turned to Kirk and said, "I'm ready to outsource the care of my kids." He agreed that it would be a good idea--at least for a few hours.
Unfortunately, there was no one to whom we could outsource the kids.
So we put them in bed and watched a movie.
Amen!
ReplyDeleteBut I have to say I am very grateful that I could outsource the children this morning--Jared took them to an Easter egg hunt while I stayed home and baked rolls and prepared my Primary sharing time lesson. :)