Bathroom
We started this project in April and last week we got to use the bathroom for the first time since then! We almost never used the shower in the seven years we've lived here because we were afraid of water leaks. I don't suppose anyone will cry about seeing this old bathroom ripped apart and redone. Here is a photo before the remodel (well, just starting it).
More during the remodel.
During the remodel.
Here is a photo after the bathroom was done. We only have three little things left, one of which is the new bathroom door that is sitting outside being stained and varnished. Kirk's father made that pretty cabinet and we stained and finished it.
Another view of the bathroom.
Sitting Room
We are still working on the sitting room. Here is a photo of the benches (with Kirk's father asleep on the one where the desk now is).
Here is a picture of the new desk and cabinets. Aren't they beautiful?
Today we are having new carpet installed in the sitting room and family (home evening) room. The boys have given that room its complete name. We will put in a couch and finish painting. We thought the original owners might be sentimental about some of the things we ripped out of the house, so when we took out the built-in chessboard from the benches, I saved it and gave it to them. They did get a bit teary-eyed. I don't know if the child who made that board will be thrilled when the parents give it to him or her, but there it is.Other projects
We redid the entry to the playroom and put in a new cabinet with drawers (that Kirk's father built), as well as a new ladder. It is all painted and patched.
Here is the new set of drawers.
I'm so excited about having some more space to put things in our little house. I asked the carpet guy if he would put the old carpet from our family room into the playroom. He said, no he personally wouldn't, even though he agreed it was a neat playroom. So, I guess that will wait until we can patch the ceiling and do some more fixes--and I find a younger, good humored carpet layer.We also replaced the back door, redid storage space in the shed, put a lock on the carport storage box, put up an outdoor bike rack on the wall (all Kirk has to do now is get off his bike and put it on the rack and lock it up), and fixed toilets.
Your bathroom looks beautiful. How nice to have it done!
ReplyDeleteI agree! What a beautiful bathroom--I'm sure it makes you smile everytime you enter! You've certainly been working hard. All your projects look like they're really coming along. Good job!
ReplyDeleteThat's great. The new bathroom and everything looks wonderful. We'll have to come see it in person some day.
ReplyDeleteWOW! I love the beautiful countertop in the sitting room. You have all worked very hard and everything looks great!
ReplyDeleteWow! That is tons of work. Your bathroom is now beautiful! You certainly have done a lot since April. The desk and cabinets are lovely, too.
ReplyDeleteI love what you did with the bathroom! I hope I will get to see your improvements in person soon!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! You've certainly been busy!
ReplyDelete