Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Interrupted
Our Monday afternoon routine was rudely interrupted when Andrew fell and cut open his head on a corner of the piano. The doctor always says that "you will know" when a child needs stitches, but I didn't really understand what he meant. Well, as I cleaned Andrew up, I finally saw the gash, and knew we would be spending time at the doctor's office or emergency room. I stopped the bleeding, put him on the floor to prevent fainting/shock, and called the doctor. Yes, they could fix him there, so we packed everyone in the car and spent the next 1-1/2 hours at the doctor's office. Most of the time Andrew was waiting for the numbing gel to work. He has two staples holding the cut together now (and I put a bandage on the lower end to catch drips overnight). Poor boy. He's pretty cheerful about it. We are thankful it isn't any worse and that he doesn't seem to have a concussion. At Andrew's request, Kirk and our home teacher gave him a blessing this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yikes! Poor Andrew. I hope he recovers quickly.
ReplyDeleteOuch. Head wounds bleed so much! I hope he heals well.
ReplyDeleteOh, poor kid. I wonder what kind of a scar he'll end up with. Something like Harry Potter?
ReplyDeleteThat's too bad--poor Andrew. I hope he mends quickly. At least it looks like the hair will eventually cover it up again!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I hope he is feeling OK. Did they need to shave any hair?
ReplyDeleteWhat! I'm #6 to comment...I'm must be lagging behind.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like that hurt...um yeah. Ouch? At least he will have a story about splitting his head open as a child (kind of like my two stories, though I really don't remember the first one).