Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today, in honor of Mother's Day, Andrew threw up 5 minutes before we were to leave for church. I was thankful that at least he did it before we got to church. Kirk and I switched off taking care of Andrew, so we both got a bit of our church meetings today. The Primary presidency (I guess) asked all the children something about their mothers and then printed the answers on a page that was handed out in Sacrament Meeting. Andrew said, "My mom is really good at cleaning up my playroom." Edward said, "She bees nice to me." Edward and Lucy seem to be doing OK. As proof, here is Lucy's 1-year photo. She is a darling girl.
Today I was grateful for my mother, mother-in-law, grandmothers, and other "mothers" in my family. I wore a bracelet that reminded me of all these wonderful women.
The bracelet has five medallions with the following names: Vickie, Rickie, Ann, Roger, Becky. Grandma Wessman gave this to me after Grandma Lucile Glade died. I think I chose this from the jewelry because it had my mother's name on it. I never did get the story--if there is one--about it; I only know that it was probably made when Grandma Glade only had five grandchildren, obviously.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!

    So sorry about Andrew. I hope he feels better soon and doesn't pass the joy around.

    What a special treasure! I'm glad you got to enjoy it today. :)

    ReplyDelete