Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gun control

(Background note: Our house is a strict gun control place. We don't even have any squirt guns, though we do have some spray bottles locked in various cabinets.)

After family home evening we were eating some popcorn and fruit smoothies when Kirk happened to notice Edward. Edward had taken a large handful of popcorn and spread it out on the table. Then he was picking up various pieces, wiggling them around, and saying things like, "Bang! I have a blaster. Bang! Watch my light saber." He had a whole popcorn army fighting away on the table. A few moments later Andrew joined in using peanut shells as his weapons and armor (for his fingers).

And speaking of Edward, here are some of his latest efforts at grammar:
"I amn't" as in "I amn't doing it."
"I willn't" as in "I willn't go in Lucy's room."
"be-ed" as in "Andrew be-ed mean to me."

1 comment:

  1. What cute boys! They are always coming up with something new!

    It is quite surprising to see Caroline wield a toy light saber at you and make noises. Where did she learn that?...

    ReplyDelete