Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thanksgiving
This week we continued our tradition of writing down things for which we are grateful. During the Family Home Evening before Thanksgiving we each take a blank sheet of paper and write something along the lines of "I am thankful for..." at the top. Then we set the timer for five minutes and write as many things as we can during that time. After we are done, we read our lists aloud and talk about them. I think the first year we did it, Kirk and I didn't have too much in common on the lists; but as the years have gone by, we increasingly are thankful for similar things. Besides the obvious things such as spouse, children, Jesus, the gospel, priesthood, and so on, we almost always are thankful for clean water, household appliances, a house, or a nice place to live. This year Andrew and Edward got to draw something for which they were thankful. It sort of worked. Andrew drew a cornucopia and Edward said he was thankful for Christmas trees and presents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a wonderful tradition! :) It is always interesting to see what the children come up with. This year Kaitlyn said that she was grateful for TV.
ReplyDelete(I just remembered to add you to my sidebar so I don't miss your posts!)