Sunday, March 22, 2009

Gingerbread Girl

I put Lucy in the stroller the other day and Edward came up and said, "She's a gingerbread man." So I asked him to explain. He said Lucy looked like a gingerbread man because her arms and legs stuck straight out. Too bad I didn't get a photo!

We had a nice St. Patrick's Day with corned beef and cabbage (and potatoes and carrots). By the way, the corned beef cuts labeled "flat" are better than the other cuts. And, no matter what people say to the contrary, I cut all visible fat off before I cook it; it still tastes good.

We planted six trees that look pretty much just like this one. This is an Early Elberta peach. The others were peach, apricot, nectarine, and plum. We still don't know if we are brave enough to try an apple tree because of all the spraying involved.

Andrew has been enjoying the warmer weather this past week. Usually he wears his helmet and shoes when he rides his trike, but not this time.

Here's another photo of our funny flowers minus the actual flowers. The plants are getting bigger every day.

These are our beautiful daffodils. I'm very happy that deer don't like to eat daffodils. The deer ate a lot of our tulips, so we may not get any tulips this year.

Shauna, Don, and their girls stopped by to visit on their way to Arizona. We were so glad to see them. Lucy even tolerated being held by someone other than her mother. The other day, though, she followed Kirk to the door as he went outside. After he shut the door, leaving her inside, she patted the door and said, "Dad!" She still doesn't say "Ma" unless she is extremely angry or upset.

Here are all of our samples of stone. There are eight different kinds (L-R): blond sandstone (Park City), Heber red sandstone, beige limestone (local), more blond sandstone with oxidized edges (Park City), Montana stone, "mossy" stone (Colorado), blue-white quartzite, and blue limestone (Zions). Which one would you use?

2 comments:

  1. I agree it's exciting to plant little trees! I like all your cute pictures and kid tidbits. No brilliant stone advice from me--they all look pretty. You certainly have a good variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would choose the lightest stone (in weight). Ha ha. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete